November 11, 2019
Monday, November 11th: Open House for Prospective Students 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Wednesday, November 13th-Spelling Assessment
Friday, November 15th-Ch. 2 Math Assessment
Friday, November 15th: Student Council Cereal Drive ends Musical Theater Production – Jungle Book 7:00 PM
Saturday, November 16th: Musical Theater Production – Jungle Book 7:00 PM
Thursday, November 21st: School Mass 9:50 AM
Friday, November 22nd: Spirit Wear Day End of First Trimester HSA Family Bingo 6:00 – 8:00 PM
November 27 – 29: School Closed – Thanksgiving Holiday
Please only send in a spill proof water bottle with your child. If they turn it upside down and it drips, it isn't spill proof. Remember, they aren't as strong as you so it may not drip at home but may here after they refill it. We have had more than our share of spills this year. Thank you!
Winter uniforms reminders:
- Girls wear gray or maroon knee socks or tights. White is out.
- White or gray crew socks (over the ankle) are worn with pants. Ankle socks are out.
- PE sweatshirt and sweatpants must be worn to school, not just put in the backpack ; PE shorts and t-shirt may be worn underneath.
- White ankle socks may be worn with PE uniform.
- All gray pants/shorts must have a label on the back side reading "Arthurs" or "Flynn O'Hara."
- Belts need to be worn with pants/shorts, boy or girl.
- No nailpolish
- Only religious necklaces and bracelets. Those colorful rubberband linked friendship things can be worn only on Tag Days.
This is all in the handbook on pages 43-46.
SPELLING CITY LINK:
HOW TO?-SEARCH BY STATE, ENTER THE CITY, FIND SOTI, SELECT GRADE TWO
November 11, 2019
Religion- Jesus Brings His Peace.
Language Arts- D5 rotations/ Grammar- main idea/detail, subject/predicate, fact/opinion.
Writer's Workshop-Folktales/ Fairy tales
Math-Number Sense- Ch. 2- Numbers to 1,000
Social Studies: Me on the Map/ map skills
- Math-Please complete the nightly homework that comes home in your child's daily Yellow Folder. Practice Math facts daily. Math Assessment 11/15.
- Language arts-Please have your child read 15-20 minutes every day. Fill in Book-It chart for November. October Book-It calendars were due last week. Since this was your child's Reading homework, it should have been logged daily. If it is lost, just email me so I can send home a pizza coupon and put a sticker on their chart. November's calendar was sent home last week. Please use it daily as they will be collected 12/2.
- Practice Spelling Words. Assessment: Wednesday, November 13th
- Group A: fire, home, hose, safe, those, pile, poke, rope, fumes, pole, flame, rake, they, when
- Group B: fire, firing, flames, place, placing, blame, blaming, firefighter, strike, striking, scope, scoping, between