Important Dates to Remember:
Monday, Nov 4: Winter Uniform starts. Sweat top and bottom must be worn for PE.
Tuesday, Nov. 12: Math Ch 2 Test
Friday, Nov. 15: Science Chapter 5 Test
Wednesday, Nov. 20: Grammar Quiz
Thursday, Nov. 21: ELA Vocabulary and Comprehension Quiz
Friday, Nov. 22: Spelling Tests
- If your child is absent please email the homeroom teacher (and copy firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to request for work to be sent home.
- With the temperatures dropping, we recommend that your child bring a coat to school each day. You may also want to have them leave a hat and gloves in their locker to be used for recess.
- Water bottles may be carried throughout the day but MUST be transparent and spill proof. Thank you!!
THE WEEK OF November 11, 2019
Planned homework may change depending on class instruction or school closure.
English Language Arts - Miss Betsy Werthmann
Comprehension Skill: Character, setting and plot
Vocabulary Words: disgusted, raft, cluttered, scattered, downstream, nuzzle
Grammar Skill: Common and proper nouns
Spelling- The children will take a pretest every other Friday and will either have List A(16 words) or List B(8 words). Tests will be bi-weekly on Friday before the pretest.
Weekly Skill: Words with the long o sound
List A - goal, mole, stone, stove, chose, own, fold, flow, mold, toll, groan, stole, foam, mows, roasting, lower
List B - coaster, quote, envelope, overheard, ceremony, propose, throat, charcoal
- Monday, November 11: Copy the Spelling words into the agenda.
- Tuesday, November 12: Study the Spelling words for test on 11/22.
- Wednesday, November 13: Study the Vocabulary words on sheet p. 29
- Thursday, November 14: Study the Grammar skill on sheet p. 33-34.
- Friday, November 15: Read.
Math - Mrs. Sandi Dlugonski
Ch 2 Multiply by 1-Digit Numbers test Tuesday Nov 12th.
- Monday, Nov 11:Ch 2 Test Review Sheet (get checked and signed) To make sure children show their work properly, answers for the review sheet can be found in the "Link to resource folder" above , Math Facts
- Tuesday, Nov 12: Math Facts
- Wednesday, Nov 13: p 143 (8-17) odd, Start study Ch 3 vocab cards made today in class. Math Facts
- Thursday, Nov 14: p 149 even, Study Ch 3 vocab, Math Facts
- Friday, Nov 15: Study Ch 3 Vocab, Math facts
Religion - Mrs. Heather Ricardi
- Monday, Nov. 11: No Homework (they do NOT need to work on pg 47!), Pray
- Tuesday, Nov. 12: Pray
- Wednesday, Nov. 13: Pray
- Thursday , Nov. 14: Pray
- Friday, Nov. 15: Pray
- Click on: Interactive Study Game
- Click on Family Resources, scroll down and click on Grade 4, go to the chapter assigned
Science - Mrs. Heather Ricardi
- Monday, Nov. 11: Chapter 5 Test Friday, start reviewing chapter. Study guide coming tomorrow!
- Tuesday, Nov. 12: Study, Chapter 5 Test Friday!
- Wednesday, Nov. 13: Study, Chapter 5 Test Friday
- Thursday , Nov. 14: Study, Chapter 5 Test tomorrow!
- Friday, Nov. 15: No Homework
Social Studies - Mrs. Heather Ricardi
- Monday, Nov. 11: No Homework
- Tuesday, Nov. 12: No Homework
- Wednesday, Nov. 13: Words to Understand sheet
- Thursday , Nov. 14: No Homework
- Friday, Nov. 15: No Homework
Spanish - Senora Wissman
4th Grade Spanish Schedule will be the following:
- Monday, Mrs. Dlugonski's homeroom
- Tuesday, Miss Werthmann's homeroom
- Thursday , Mrs. Ricardi's homeroom
I will post homework based off your student's homeroom.
- Monday (Dlugonski) 11/18 - Complete Unidad 1 semana 3 Vocabulary Flashcards and study them for 5 minutes/day for at least 5 days. List is below. Practice your Spanish Prayers.
- Tuesday (Werthmann) 11/13 - Complete workbook pages 8-10 and use Unidad 1 semana 2 textbook pages to help along with the vocabulary words found below for U1s2. Instructions are translated below. Due 11/13. Practice your Spanish Prayers.
- Homework instruction translations: Dlugonski and Werthmann - page 8 Read the clues. Complete the crossword puzzle. (use the word bank). Page 9 A. Complete. Write the vowel. B. Enclose the vowel in a circle. C. Count and respond. Page 10 A. Read. Enclose in a circle the words that are similar in English and in Spanish. B. Choose. Enclose in a circle the correct option. (clue the paragraph above will help with your answers).
- Thursday (Ricardi) 11/14 - Complete workbook pages 5-7 and use Unidad 1 semana 1 textbook pages to help along with the vocabulary words found below for U1s1. Instructions are translated below. Due 11/14. Practice your Spanish Prayers.
- Homework instruction translations: Ricardi - page 5 Look for the words or phrases. Enclose them in a circle. Page 6 A. Write "Buenos dias" (Good morning), "Buenas tardes" (good afternoon), or "Buenas noches" (good night). B. Choose. Complete the dialogo. (hint - the textbook will help you choose the correct responses in Unidad 1 semana 1 pages). Page 7 A. Choose. Enclose in a circle the correct option. B. Read. Construct sentences. (hint use something from at least three of the columns.)
- Unidad 1 semana 1 Vocabulary
4th Grade Vocabulario - Unidad 1 Semana 3 (Dlugonski's class)
1. Los amigos – the friends
2. Yo – I
3. Tengo – I have
4. Sr. (Señor) – Mr.
5. Sra. (Señora) – Mrs.
6. Srta. (Señorita) – Miss.
7. Abreviaturas – abbreviations
8. Carta – letter
9. Para – for
10. Dirección – address (it can also mean direction)
11. Busco… – I am looking for…
12. Mapa – map
13. Encuentro – I find
14. Lejos – far
15. Cerca – near
16. Al lado – next to
17. Caballo – horse
18. Niña – girl
19. Preguntamos – we ask
20. Número – number
21. Nombre – name
22. Tiene - have
4th Grade Vocabulario – Unidad 1 Semana 2
1. La familia - the family
2. Madre - mother
3. Mamá - mom
4. Mami - mommy
5. Padre - father
6. Papá - dad
7. Papi - daddy
8. Hermana - sister
9. Hermano - brother
10. Abuelo - grandfather
11. Abuela - grandmother
12. Tío - uncle
13. Tía - aunt
14. Primo - cousin (boy)
15. Prima - cousin (girl)
16. Nieto - grandson
17. Nieta - granddaughter
18. Sobrino – nephew
19. Sobrina – niece
20. Perro – dog
21. Gato - cat
4th Grade Unidad 1 semana 1 Vocabulary Words
1. Hola - Hello
2. Yo soy… - I am…
3. Mucho gusto – It’s a pleasure to meet you
4. Buenos días – Good morning
5. Buenas tardes – Good afternoon
6. Buenas noches – Good evening
7. Te presento a … - I present you to… (I’d like you to meet)
8. Señora – Mrs.
9. Señorita – Miss.
10. Señor – Mr.
11. Hasta pronto – Until soon (see you soon)
12. Hasta manana – Until tomorrow
13. Adiós - Good bye
14. Gracias – Thank you
15. Bien - Good
16. Mal - Bad
17. Mas o menos – More or less
18. ¿Cómo están? – How are you? (plural)
19. Muy – very
20. Don – (title of courtesy for a man)
21. Doña – (title of courtesy for a woman)
22. Encantado - delighted