Important Dates to Remember:
Wednesday, February 19th: Field trip to St Mary's Spiritual Center, Baltimore, Students will be in regular dress uniform and need a packed lunch.
Thursday, February 20th: Math Ch 7 Quiz
Friday, February 21st: Science Test Chapter 11
February 22nd: Wine, Food, and Brew
Tuesday, February 25: States and Capitals Quiz
Wednesday, February 26th: Grammar Quiz
Thursday, February 27th: Vocabulary and Comprehension Quiz
Friday, February 28th: Spelling Test
- If your child is absent please email email@example.com as well as the homeroom teacher (and copy firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need to request for books to be sent home.
- We ask that your child bring a coat to school each day as we go outside for recess. You may also want to have them leave a hat and gloves (with their name on them) in their locker to be used as well.
- Water bottles may be carried throughout the day but MUST be transparent, spill proof and have the child's name written on it! Thank you!!
THE WEEK OF February 17, 2020
Planned homework may change depending on class instruction or school closure.
English Language Arts - Miss Betsy Werthmann
Homeroom News: Please send the Pawsome Student posters back to school so we'll be ready to share them with the class.
Text Features Article due no later than March 3-see packet given out on Friday.
Comprehension Skill: Main idea and theme
Vocabulary Skill: Words related to main idea and theme
Vocabulary Words: main idea, character, setting, problem, solution, theme
Grammar Skill: Possessive pronouns and contractions
Spelling- The children will take a pretest every other Friday and will either have List A (16 words) or List B (8 words). Tests will be bi-weekly on Friday before the pretest.
Weekly Skill: Words with the soft c and g sound
List A - center, once, dance, germs, spice, bridge, badge, circus, cement, glance, strange, police, certain, orange, ounce, ginger
List B - general, ceremony, arrange, sponge, gentle, message, giraffe, celebrate
Writing Skill: "I'm as Unique as a Snowflake" paragraph
- Monday 2/17: Presidents Day
- Tuesday 2/18: Copy the Spelling words into your agenda.
- Wednesday 2/19: Study the Spelling words.
- Thursday 2/20: Review the Grammar sheet.
- Friday 2/21: Read:-)
Math - Mrs. Sandi Dlugonski
Ch 7 Fractions: Addition and Subtraction: Ch 7 Vocab quiz will be on Wednesday, Feb 12th and our final chapter quiz will be on Thursday, Feb 20th. Please note that all answers MUST be in simplest form.
FYI: Each week we complete a 4 point computation and 3 point problem solving assignment. Students mark their scored on their "Self Growth" Tracking sheet in their binder. This page is to remain in their binder to be used as a growth analysis. I have encouraged the children to see me if there is something they are having difficulty on so we can develop a plan together to help them find success. Below you will find a link that provides a packet for each skill practice as well as a website to print off more pages if needed.
Other Resource Pages:
- Monday, Feb 17: Study Ch 7 Test Thursday, Wed, Math Facts
- Tuesday, Feb 18: Finish Ch 7 Test Review Sheet worked on in class. (Link to review sheet answers) Ch 7 Test Thursday, Math Facts
- Wednesday, Feb 19: Study Ch 7 Test Thursday, Math Facts
- Thursday, Feb 20: Math Facts calendar due next Friday. May be turned in early.
- Friday, Feb 21: Math Facts calendar due next Friday.
Religion - Mrs. Heather Ricardi
- Monday, Feb. 17: No School
- Tuesday, Feb. 18 : Pray, bring a packed lunch to school. Field trip tomorrow!
- Wednesday, Feb 19: Pray
- Thursday , Feb 20: Pray
- Friday, Feb. 21: Pray
- Click on: Interactive Study Game
- Click on Family Resources, scroll down and click on Grade 4, go to the chapter assigned
Science - Mrs. Heather Ricardi
- Monday, Feb. 17: No School
- Tuesday, Feb. 18 : Chapter 11 Test Friday, Study
- Wednesday, Feb 19: Chapter 11 Test Friday, Study
- Thursday , Feb 20: Chapter 11 Test tomorrow, Study, Review Study guide
- Friday, Feb. 21: none
Social Studies - Mrs. Heather Ricardi
- Monday, Feb. 17: No School
- Tuesday, Feb. 18 : States and Capitals Quiz 2/25
- Wednesday, Feb 19: States and Capitals Quiz 2/25
- Thursday , Feb 20: States and Capitals Quiz 2/25, finish letter to Calvert's family if not finished in class.
- Friday, Feb. 21: States and Capitals Quiz 2/25
The next seven states are:
North Dakota - Bismark
South Dakota - Pierre
Nebraska - Lincoln
Minnesota - St. Paul
Iowa - Des Moines
Missouri - Jefferson City
Arkansas - Little Rock
*For the upcoming quiz students will need to know where the first fourteen states are located on the map. They will need to label a blank map. The new group of states listed above will just be matching the state with the correct capital again.*
**FOR ALL CLASSES** To have another resource for studying, I have created a Quizlet "assignment" in their Google Classroom account for me. They can access it from anywhere at any time. If you are unfamiliar with Quizlet, it is an interactive online flashcard study tool. I will update the assignment as more states are added. This is a study tool, not a graded assignment on google classroom!
Spanish - Senora Wissman
4th Grade Spanish Schedule will be the following:
- Monday, Mrs. Dlugonski's homeroom
- Tuesday, Miss Werthmann's homeroom
- Thursday , Mrs. Ricardi's homeroom
I will post homework based off your student's homeroom. Click on the underlined word Homework for your homeroom.
Please follow along below only based off your day of the week for assignments. I ask that you not try to work ahead by doing the work assigned for the opposite group as it may not be the same assignment for your group. Thank you!
- Monday (Dlugonski) 2/24 - Homework: Complete Unidad 3 semana 1 workbook pages 33-35 (Spanish instructions translations were handed out and available on this homework site). Create Vocabulary Flashcards for Unidad 3 semana 1. Finally follow the attached instructions to create a Duo-lingo account and join my "Dlugonski Spanish class". Try this program 3 times per week at home for 5 min. minimum. This program will progress at students ability and I will monitor their progress.
- Tuesday (Werthmann) 2/18 - Homework: Complete Unidad 3 semana 1 workbook pages 33-35 (Spanish instructions translations were handed out and available on this homework site). Due 2/25: Create Vocabulary Flashcards for Unidad 3 semana 1. ***Finally follow the attached instructions to create a Duo-lingo account and join my "Werthmann's Spanish class". Try this program 3 times per week at home for 5 min. minimum. This program will progress at students ability and I will monitor their progress.***
- Thursday (Ricardi) 2/13 - Homework: Finish the Aztec Calendar started in class. Make it colorful. Remember that the months and days of the week are not capitalized. Start the months and days of the week where 1:00 would start on the clock. Remember that the weeks in Spanish start with "lunes"